VENT - Ticked with Kubuntu

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Thu Apr 17 23:54:19 UTC 2008

Richard S. Crawford wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Billie Walsh <bilwalsh at swbell.net
> <mailto:bilwalsh at swbell.net>> wrote:
>
>     Tried to move my mom's computer over to Kubuntu. Installed just
>     fine but
>     the updates keep crashing Adept. After a day and a half I've given up
>     and installing XP.
>

> No! Don't give up!

Done deal. Already got XP on it. I was installing 7.10 because KDE4
stuff is still not ready, IMHO. BUT, it seems that all the KDE3 stuff
has already been removed from the repos. The only thing available is
KDE4 and it crashes adept on install. No prompts for user input involved.

SO, until at least Kubuntu 8.10 or