OT - IDC Explains Linux Went Right

Mon Apr 14 20:39:11 UTC 2008

On Monday 14 April 2008, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> Michael Leone wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Ignazio Palmisano <ignazio_io at yahoo.it>
wrote:
> >>  > well ... Longhorn was a code name, not an official release name.
> >>  > That's a bit different ...
> >>
> >>  Vista is not a code name
> >
> > It's the official release name.
>
> I thought they'd changed the name to 'hastalavista' (since loads off win
> users are switching back to xp).

I think most Windows users use whatever they have loaded on the machine, and
then say "My computer is broken" when it's Vista malfunctioning. Most Windows
users don't even know how/when/why they could go back to XP. So, when I
think "Loads" in the Windows world, we should be talking about tens of
millions, and I think the switch-back crowd is far less than that.