Downloaded .deb safe?

Willy Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 07:06:09 BST 2008

i find it impractical to read the source code of every program we get,
i mean, let's just say i want openoffice, that is basically tons of
source code to read!
as mentioned earlier, signed packages from official repos can always
be trusted, if the package comes from third party, you can check
forums, surely there is a group of people who like the program and are
discussing it somewhere. if the program is getting some good
testimonies, then it has probably been tested by some people. Usually
instinct is a good thing in these decisions :P