Kubuntu Hardy wireless issue

Phil Pinkerton pcpinkerton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 12:24:40 UTC 2008

I am so close to having this working it is driving me nuts.

Please ask questions and I will respond with details when I get back to the
systems in question.

Basically I have wlan0 up as iwconfig and ifconfig display the
atheros-ar5007 internal card on my Acer 7250 laptop amd64.

I configured via ndiswrapper

I can see my AT&T 2wire wireless modem with kwifimanager and wifi assistant
and a few other tools ( signal strong )

I used iwconfig to set the ssid and wep key , I also tried configuring
/etc/network/interfaces and using any GUI that allowed me to configure the
wireless network.

But I cannot seem to get the laptop to talk to the modem ??

2 weeks ago I could not get the system to recognize the atheros card now it
does and see the network, but no connection?

any ideas or guidance would be appreciated

Phil
.

--
" The fundamental principle here is that the justification for a physical
concept lies exclusively in its clear an unambiguous relation to the facts