User Manager on Hardy

David Fletcher kubuntu-users at thefletchers.net
Sun Apr 13 22:26:47 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 08 Apr 2008, David Fletcher wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 Apr 2008, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> >
> > 'sudo apt-get install kuser'
> >

> That gets around, but doesn't solve, the original problem.
>
> Dave

I've now done a completely fresh install of Hardy on my laptop. This time I
didn't seem to have the corrupted rc file, but it still didn't work. After I
installed kuser, it worked.

So, I take back the above remark, but if systemsettings has a dependency which
requires something from kuser, perhaps there is another possible bug here?

BTW I just removed kuser from the laptop and user administration in
systemsettings still works. So I don't understand what's going on here.

If anybody can confirm what I just experienced with a fresh install, then
perhaps I'm not going mad!

Dave

--

FACT - Millions of people worldwide continue to pay money to the richest
person in the world to use his products, even though perfectly good software

Registered Linux user number 393408

http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/init?k_id=6389763