Quoting in messages

Michael Leone turgon at mike-leone.com
Sat Apr 12 15:06:05 BST 2008

Jonathan Patrick Davies wrote:
> On Saturday 12 April 2008 12:56:37 Valter Mura wrote:
>> Is it possible for all the good kubuntu Mates here to correctly quote the
>> messages in the replies? I'm getting replies of 10 Kb instead of 2 Kb, and
>> the space in my disk is very precious... :-)
>
> Yes, I feel the same. It's best to snip out everything apart from the part that
> you want to quote, rather than *everything*.
>
> Makes things a lot tidier.

True. But if you're really worried about the extra 8K that a message
takes up, you could always delete it, and just rely on the online
archive. Then you're wasting no space at all.

Or get an new HD, of course - I've seen 500G HDs for $89US. Can't beat
that price. If your HD space is so precious, this seems the obvious
answer, distinct and apart from any space that email might take up.

Of course, the best reason to do it is the email etiquette reason.