HELP! KDE task/menu bar disappeared and I can't get it back!

Dario Figueira wurmdario at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 21:59:44 UTC 2008

On 4/12/08, Donn <donn.ingle at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm... try:
> apt-cache search X
> where X is variously:
> desktop
> kubuntu
> kde
> etc.
>
> It should be there, but perhaps it's not under the usual name on the CD
> for
> some reason. Sorry, getting to the limits of my knowledge here and my CD
> Rom
> has died so I can't even test it for you..
>
> Let there open a hole in the ground and swallow me up

by doing apt-cache search desktop i found a package "kdesktop"; tried
intalling it, it said it was already installed; i removed it and tried
intalling it... and
"Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Package kubuntu-desktop is not available, but is referred to by another
package.
is only available from another source
E: Package kubuntu-desktop has no installation candidate"

.... -.-'

now what little desktop there still was is lost..

I'm resigned to reinstalling kubuntu; Is there a way to do it without having
the target partition formated?

Sorry Donn, thanks alot for the effort anyway :s

--
Dario Figueira