HELP! KDE task/menu bar disappeared and I can't get it back!

Dario Figueira wurmdario at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 13:41:06 UTC 2008

On 4/12/08, Donn <donn.ingle at gmail.com> wrote:

> > How do i reinstall what seems to be lacking? (i've tought about
> > reinstalling Kubunto but was afraid of losing everything else installed,
>
> You could reinstall kubuntu-desktop from the Kubuntu CD.
> You might need to remark the sources in /etc/apt/sources.list other than
> the
> deb cdrom  line (usually at the top).
>
> Then:
> Insert the CD,
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo  apt-get install kubuntu-desktop

Err http://pt.archive.ubuntu.com dapper Release.gpg
  Could not resolve 'pt.archive.ubuntu.com'
and a bunch more like that; It seems he is not looking into the CD to get
the update, but trying to acess the internet.. :(

How do i fix that? Force it to look into the CD; Or open the Wireless
Manager to make it connect to the wireless network; Or make it connect to
the Network to the router so he can have net?

On 4/12/08, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just press alt-f1 then it will pop-up then left click the bar and
> choose configure pannel. Set it to what it should be and your problem
> is gone. This is a stupid bug that has been there for YEARS with no
> fix.
>
> Thank for your time, but i did say in my original post that it was not the
usual auto-hide bug :)