Quoting in messages

Martin Laberge mlsoft at videotron.ca
Sat Apr 12 12:20:20 UTC 2008

On Saturday 12 April 2008 07:46:40 Donn wrote:
> > I second the motion ;-)
> Even though this will turn into a monster thread that will flame, I second the
> seconded motion :D
>

> \d

I have to let you take a little analysis of this wish, in regard to space on disk.

A text message fully quoted , with a full page of text, is about 2k/page.

A TWO-GIG on your multigig HD, contains 1 MILLION messages of 2k

Dont you have one or two gig on those multiples gig, dedicated to
your mail data. ?

Do you really expect to manage 1 Million mail messages.?

The space consumption in mailboxes is MOSTLY due to personal messages
containing funny PPS or WMV from your friends, or HTML mails from
announcers and spammers. Those can be from 1Meg to 20+Megs Each.
That is about 1,000 to 10,000 times greater than a big text message.

I understand your concern about the length of a message, but i hardly
beleive that SPACE on DISK is a real concern here.

Just my 2cents.

--
Martin Laberge
mlsoft at videotron.ca