7.10 won't recognize my usb turntable

Eric ejazzkatt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 12:17:37 UTC 2008

D. Michael McIntyre wrote:

> Audacity is probably good enough for your purposes, but if you want to play
> records live, I can't think of a likely way to do that unless you use JACK to
> route the audio input from the record player to the audio output on whatever
> soundcard you normally use.  (Well, unless you use a physical audio cable to
> connect them, if that is an option.)

I have the same turntable and the same problem. The turntable comes with
Audacity for both Windows and Macs. It even has a printed manual for
Audacity.

The turntable also allows you to hook it up to your computer in the same
way you hook up any other turntable to a PC. Using that method, I have
been able to use Audacity. This method required a pre-amp

Eric Jackson