Some questions regarding Kubuntu Hardy on a Thinkpad X61s

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 12:32:07 UTC 2008

2008/4/11 Nils <n.bruenggel at gmail.com>:
> Hi all
>
>  I installed Kubuntu Alpha 5 on a X61s some time ago. It installed KDE
>  4 as the default desktop. Then I installed KDE 3 manually and use
>  since them KDE 3 as desktop environment (with a few KDE 4 apps)
>
>  Some things that made problems:
>
>  - The volume adjustment buttons work correct, but there is no visual
>  feedback. I could not figure out which package is responsible for the
>  visual feedback for these buttons, but maybe it's just not installed,
>  because I had to install KDE 3 manually.

I think the package is kmilo and it handles special keys in KDE. It
should be installed
as default with KDE desktop.
Kmilo has bugs, 100% CPU, volume only 0 - 11% and others. Supposed to
be fixed in
KDE 3.5.9 but not for me. In kontrol panel and KDE services (i think)
you see if its running
and activate/deactivate it.

/ Jonas