Strange behaviour in konsole

Antonio Pérez aplistas at skarcha.com
Thu Apr 10 16:07:14 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 11:06 AM, Jonas Norlander <jonorland at gmail.com> wrote:

>  >  Same problem here (Kubuntu 7.10). This makes me use "nano" in console
>  >  instead "vi".
>  >
>  Could it be that he use vi instead of vim? I have seen similar problems with
>  arrows, backspace, del and other special keys when using vi. On my system
>  vi and vim is both a symlink to /usr/bin/vim.basic, but i think that
>  when you start
>  vim as vi you enter some "legacy" mode. A fast look at the manual for vi and vim
>  don't give an answer to that, perhaps someone here on the list know?
>  You also got several vim packages to chose from. I think as default vim-tiny is
>  installed, you could try install vim-full to see if it make any difference.

On my system vi is a symlink to: /etc/alternatives/vi and vim is a
symlink to: /etc/alternatives/vim

/etc/alternatives/vi and /etc/alternatives/vim are both a symlink to:
/usr/bin/vim.tiny

And you are right!, if I use "vi", I get "strange" codes, but using
"vim" cursor keys works in insert mode! :). Thanks for your comment.

P.S: I have installed vim-common and vim-tiny packages.

--
Saludos:
Antonio Pérez

ATENCIÓN: Antes de imprimir este mensaje valora si verdaderamente es necesario.
De esta forma contribuimos a la preservación del Medio Ambiente.