Questions about dolphin in KDE3 version of Hardy

Andrew Jarrett jarrett.andrew at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 08:02:33 BST 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 1:55 AM, Hong, ManBok <deathymn at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I usually enjoy seeing files with the detailed view option. However, in
>  that view mode, I can't adjust the field length of each item.
>  For instance, if the file name is tooooo long, since the length of the
>  name field is fixed, the full file name cannot be viewed in the detailed
>  view mode of dolphin.

Wow, that's definitely annoying.  You could try removing a field from
the view (like the "Date" field) by going to Settings->Configure
Dolphin->View Modes->Detailed and unchecking a field.  That's not
exactly what you want, though.  Maybe there is a configuration file
for Dolphin somewhere that can help?
~/.kde/share/apps/d3lphin/d3lphinui.rc doesn't seem to help.
~/.kde/share/config/d3lphinrc has some settings for detail mode, but I
don't see any options for width specifications. I also can't find any
global configuration files for d3lphin in /etc.  Certainly those
widths weren't hard-coded in the program?

>  When I installed KDE4, I found the size of the name field can be
>  adjusted in the dolphin of KDE4.
>  Is there any option that enables to adjust the size of name field in the
>  detailed view of dolphin in KDE3?

The file manager in KDE3 is called "D3lphin" and is not really the
exact same program as the one in KDE4 ("Dolphin").

Andrew

--
45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B2