8.04 Beta hangs arbitrarily

Rosalind Mitchell rcm at swimbarrow.co.uk
Wed Apr 9 08:54:07 UTC 2008

I have been having quite a bit of trouble with my Hardy Beta Kubuntu
installation, which hangs arbitrarily.  There's nothing I can do to recover
from the hang as everything freezes up and I can't get access to a text
session to restart nicely.  It's back to the button on the front of the box.

I haven't had this trouble with previous versions of Kubuntu, so I assume it's
something to do with the interaction of Hardy Beta with my AMD-64 box.

Am I alone in having these problems?  And if not, is there a known way round
them?

Rosie

--
Currently Reading: ROBINSON, PETER: A Dedicated Man
Bye bye Livejournal - keep up with my wibblings at Enitharmon's Cave: