User Manager on Hardy - Solved but is this a bug?

David Fletcher kubuntu-users at thefletchers.net
Tue Apr 8 22:30:33 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 08 Apr 2008, David Fletcher wrote:
> At 10:52 08/04/2008, you wrote:
> >David Fletcher wrote:
>
> The machine I am fiddling with at home was a fresh installation. The
> machine I set up for a friend was a fresh installation onto a fresh
> hard drive. Both have the same problem. I reinstated the users' home
> folders from a Dapper installation on the friend's machine, but I
> don't think I carried over the administrator's home folder.
>
> What I can do is try deleting the ~/.kde folder, unless I can find a
> systemsettings config file somewhere in there, and try again.
>
> Dave

There is a file in ~/.kde/share/config/ called systemsettingsrc

I think it had been corrupted because there was an additional Height and Width
entry above the [MainWindow] section. I renamed this file to hide it, started
System Settings again and now the user manager section works - I can get into
the add user section.

There is now a new systemsettingsrc file in which everything is in order
(there's only three lines :-) ).

Dave

--
Registered Linux user number 393408