A note on Kubuntu 8.04 beta version (KDE4)

claydoh claydoh at midmaine.com
Tue Apr 8 14:00:40 UTC 2008

On Tue April 8 2008 9:01:09 am p.daniels wrote:
> The "beauty of free software" is also that we get to have discussions like
> this. I don't know how representative of a sample the users on this mailing
> list are, but it seems that the verdict on Dolphin is overwhelmingly
> negative. If that is the case, I think "why is KDE defaulting to Dolphin
> when there has been no user outcry for it and quite a bit of backlash
> against it" is a totally fair question.

A lack of "user outcry for it" doesn't mean it is bad, just that those who
have no problems with it (ie it works fine for them), or actually like it,
are not necessarily as vocal as those who don't like it. And generally
speaking, people with negative experiences anywhere tend to be much more
vocal than those with positive ones.

--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net