Big doubt on Kubuntu 8.04

Eduard Fabra edfabra at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 11:08:51 UTC 2008

Hi Cary,

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 08:25:32PM +1000, Cary Bielenberg wrote:

> That's a bit harsh! My thought would be it will be reinstalled during a
> upgrade as it is a default app, I was hoping there would be something I
> could edit to force Konqueror as the default FM

There is an entry for that in the Kubuntu FAQ:

http://www.kubuntu.org/faq.php#konqueror

It says the following:

=====BEGIN QUOTE FROM KUBUNTU FAQ=====
Kubuntu comes with a simplified Konqueror profile to make things more
use friendly compared to default KDE.

To get back to the default KDE profiles:

sudo rm -r
/usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/apps/konqueror
[this one not needed in gutsy] sudo cp
/usr/share/apps/konqueror/konqueror-orig.rc
/usr/share/apps/konqueror/konqueror.rc

To enable Konqueror to open tar and zip files:

rm -r /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings/kde-profile/default/share/mimelnk/application/
=====END QUOTE FROM KUBUNTU FAQ=====

Hope it helps,
--
Eduard.