A note on Kubuntu 8.04 beta version (KDE4)

Larry Hartman larryhartman50 at vzavenue.net
Mon Apr 7 21:53:37 UTC 2008

On Monday 07 April 2008 12:45:41 pm Scott wrote:
> > Dolphin really sucks, I think. I gave it a good 6 months to see if I
> > would get used to it, I did not.  It can't ever view web pages! I
> > really don't know why anyone would want to change to Dolphin, even if
> > it worked well.
>
> I must agree with these words of wisdom.  Konqueror is an amazing piece
> of software; I often use it to demonstrate why Linux is better than
> windows.  I also tried Dolphin for a bit and simply did not like it.
> When I upgrade to 8.04 I plan to delete it as my first action.

My reading on this is that Dolphin is to become the default file manager while
Konqueror will remain the default browser.  From what I understood, both will
be installed, and Konqueror will continue to work in both realms.  I also
read that Dolphin works better in KDE4, but have not tested it.  I personally
use Krusader for file manager and Firefox for browser.

Larry