A note on Kubuntu 8.04 beta version (KDE4)

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 19:33:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 9:21 PM, Bruce Marshall <bmarsh at bmarsh.com> wrote:
> On Monday 07 April 2008, Valter Mura wrote:
>  > Hi All,
>  >
>  > I downloaded the ISO of Kubuntu 8.04 KDE4 beta version to try it, and I
>  > burned it on cd.
>  > On cd boot, the loading is correct but if I navigate between directories
>  > (for eg., I go to Home throught Dolphin and I try to open a folder such as
>  > Documents or a file), the system freezes completely and I have to unplug
>  > the comp to shut it down (it remembers me the good Windows BSD)!
>  >
>  > My System: PIV 2.8 Ghz, 768 Mhz RAM, Hard disk Linux dedicated, Graphic
>  > Card ATI RAdeon 9200 SE 128 MB (quite old, no?)
>
>  Pretty much the same hardware here but 8.04 is running just fine.
>
>  However, I don't use Dolphin......   maybe that is the problem.
>

>  --

Dolphin was locking up my computer too but with 7:10. I got rid of it
and am using konqueror. Now my system is even running faster too.
Dolphin really sucks, I think. I gave it a good 6 months to see if I
would get used to it, I did not.  It can't ever view web pages! I
really don't know why anyone would want to change to Dolphin, even if
it worked well.

--
Douglas E Knapp