Some oddities in 8.04 beta

Alain Muls alain.muls at
Sat Apr 5 12:07:27 BST 2008

I am successfully running 8.04 beta with compiz enabled. This is the
first release that gives such a great experience on my ATI X1400 card,
and I have tried about everything from PCLinuxOS to SuSE and RH. However
there are some minor problems remaining.

1. I used vpnc for accessing the work Cisco VPN. It connects but after a
minute or so, the connection drops. Apparently the 7.10 version holds
out, so I installed that one.

2. The logout does not work, I have to force a logout by pressing the
Ctrl-Alt-Del combination.

3. The superkaramba widgets are only available on a single desktop.

Tx for the very good work.