How to get rid of Dolphin, and use Konqueror as file manager

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 21:48:15 UTC 2008

2008/4/5 Nigel Henry <cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr>:
> I have to admit that Dolphin is the worst file manager I have seen, and want
>  to get rid of it. I've always used Konqueror as a file manager on my distros
>  that use KDE, and have no problems with it.
>
>  I've managed to creat a link to application for the Konqueror file manager on
>  my desktop, and that works ok, but I also have links on the desktop to
>  harddrive partitions on another drive. If I click on these, they still insist
>  on using Dolphin to display directories/files on these partitions.
>
>  Any suggestions on how to get rid of Dolphin, and how to be able to use
>  Konqueror as "the" global file manager, as I do on all my other Linux distros
>  that use KDE.
>
>  Thanks for any help.
>
>  Nigel.

There was a thread on this but i can't find it now. The solution if i
remebmer right
was:

Open kcontrol, go to KDE-Components->Filebindings->inode (roughly
translated from swedish)
select directory and system_directory and in the "Application
preference order" list move Konqueror
above Dolphin.

/ Jonas