Hardy and xmms

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Sat Apr 5 10:07:32 UTC 2008

On 05/04/2008, guido dom <guido.dom at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is - as far as I'm able to do it - impossible to make streamtuner
> understand that another player should be used

Well, so let's do it step by step:

0) Start Streamtuner
1) Go to the "Edit" menu and then click on the "Preferences" option
2) in the "Applications" menu, go to the right side and left click on
"xmms %q" to select it
3) replace "xmms %q" with "amarok %q" everywhere there is an xmms
occurence, i.e. for "Listen to a .m3u file" and "Listen to a stream"
4) close the Preference window and select a stream
5) it will open Amarok as the default player and you can listen to the
music you selected

If this does not work for you, I suggest you reinstall either
Streamtuner and/or Amarok, but I just did the above in my Kubuntu 8.04
and see no problem so far, it plays the stream with Amarok.

Greets

Myriam
--
Protect your freedom, join the Fellowship of FSFE!
http://www.fsfe.org