Hardy and xmms
schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Sat Apr 5 10:07:32 UTC 2008
On 05/04/2008, guido dom <guido.dom at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is - as far as I'm able to do it - impossible to make streamtuner
> understand that another player should be used
Well, so let's do it step by step:
0) Start Streamtuner
1) Go to the "Edit" menu and then click on the "Preferences" option
2) in the "Applications" menu, go to the right side and left click on
"xmms %q" to select it
3) replace "xmms %q" with "amarok %q" everywhere there is an xmms
occurence, i.e. for "Listen to a .m3u file" and "Listen to a stream"
4) close the Preference window and select a stream
5) it will open Amarok as the default player and you can listen to the
music you selected
If this does not work for you, I suggest you reinstall either
Streamtuner and/or Amarok, but I just did the above in my Kubuntu 8.04
and see no problem so far, it plays the stream with Amarok.
Protect your freedom, join the Fellowship of FSFE!
Please don't send me proprietary file formats,
use ISO standard ODF instead (ISO/IEC 26300)
More information about the kubuntu-users