Big doubt on Kubuntu 8.04

John L Fjellstad john-ubuntu at fjellstad.org
Sat Apr 5 08:33:25 UTC 2008

Valter Mura <valtermura at gmail.com> writes:

> The big question for me is: will the kernel change by the new version
> or I'll keep my previous working one (2.6.20) ? My system doesn't work
> with 2.6.22 (maybe the contrary...) and I have to choose the other on
> boot.

Gutsy with linux 2.6.22 never worked on my system either.  But Hardy
with 2.6.24 works perfectly.  Actually, better than that since now
hibernation and suspension works.

Here is a list:
Bluetooth stopped working with Gutsy. Now works again in Hardy
Kontact seems more stable in Hardy (when you use IMAP)
More major modes have been ported to Emacs 22
knetworkmanager seems to have been fixed (when using WPA, it would take
me about 1 min from networkmanager saying it is connected until I could
use the network in Gutsy)
Compiz is a little better integrated with KDE

--
John L. Fjellstad