Hardy and xmms

guido dom guido.dom at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 08:07:33 UTC 2008

It is - as far as I'm able to do it - impossible to make streamtuner
understand that another player should be used.
I always get: "Impossible to tune in. XMMS is no file or directory".
I tried to install a downloaded version of xmms (with ./configure, ...) but
./configure stops with the message: "GLIB cannot be found"
sudo apt-get install GLIB is no solution.

2008/4/4, Scott <slewin at bmts.com>:

> guido dom wrote:
> > I have the same problem. Streamtuner wants XMMS to play the streamed
> > music. It seems impossible to change the default player in the config
> file.
> > Is there any hope?
>
> In Streamtuner go to preferences.  Click on the Applications tab.
> Everywhere you see xmms click on it and change it to amarok (or the name
> of your favourite player).  From there on streamtuner will use that
> player.  I have always used Amarok with streamtuner without any problems.
>

> --
> Your friend,
> Scott
>
> Sent to you from a Linux computer using Kubuntu Version 7.10

Tel:+32 (0)58 239804  +32 (0)497 538736

Nog een mooie dag toegewenst.

Guido (dompie) Dom
Registered Linux (Ubuntu) User # 462578