Latest updates for 8.04 beta

p.daniels teeahr1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 20:45:00 UTC 2008

Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Thursday 03 April 2008, p.daniels wrote:
>
>> I noticed this myself. It seems to be cleared up for me now, try it
>> again. And really really really, use aptitude instead of Synaptic. "sudo
>> aptitude update" This way if something isn't right, you'll at least find
>> out what that something is.
>>

> Using adept

Same difference. I like adept a little better, but neither adept nor
aptitude really give any sort of report if anything goes wrong. Aptitude
will tell you before it even starts to download if a dependency can't be
resolved, it'll tell you what it is and even give suggestions as to
possible resolutions. It's a great tool.