How to run fancontrol automatically?

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 17:31:01 BST 2008

2008/4/3, Blue Rose <bluerosemagic at gmail.com>:
> ok, I rebooted.. still nothing.
>  I checked the folders again (init.d)
>  and I noticed that the other files all are shell scripts or so, while
>  fancontrol is a text file. (different icon and all)
>
>  btw this is the content of fancontrol:
>  INTERVAL=5
>  FCTEMPS=hwmon1/device/pwm2=hwmon0/device/temp1_input
>  FCFANS= hwmon1/device/pwm2=hwmon1/device/fan2_input
>  MINTEMP=hwmon1/device/pwm2=30
>  MAXTEMP=hwmon1/device/pwm2=40
>  MINSTART=hwmon1/device/pwm2=120
>  MINSTOP=hwmon1/device/pwm2=85
>  MINPWM=hwmon1/device/pwm2=0
>  MAXPWM=hwmon1/device/pwm2=255
>  looks more like a config than a script to me, but what do I know :P
>
>  I made all this with the howto's in these forum posts:
>  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2780
>  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=42737
>  (in case that might help)
>
>  so I removed fancontrol from init.d (it's still in /etc/) and I
>  "update-rc fancontrol remove" the links.
>  Up for a fresh start then..
>
>  Linda

A fast look at the links you prowided i see that /etc/fancontrol is a
configure file
and the program is at /usr/sbin/fancontrol.

If you follow the directions from http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=42737
you will make a startup script in /etc/init.d that will start at boot.
So try to follow the guid and as it said keep an you on your CPU temp so you
don't burn it.

/ Jonas