How to run fancontrol automatically?

Blue Rose bluerosemagic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 15:04:23 UTC 2008

ok, I rebooted.. still nothing.
I checked the folders again (init.d)
and I noticed that the other files all are shell scripts or so, while
fancontrol is a text file. (different icon and all)

btw this is the content of fancontrol:
INTERVAL=5
FCTEMPS=hwmon1/device/pwm2=hwmon0/device/temp1_input
FCFANS= hwmon1/device/pwm2=hwmon1/device/fan2_input
MINTEMP=hwmon1/device/pwm2=30
MAXTEMP=hwmon1/device/pwm2=40
MINSTART=hwmon1/device/pwm2=120
MINSTOP=hwmon1/device/pwm2=85
MINPWM=hwmon1/device/pwm2=0
MAXPWM=hwmon1/device/pwm2=255
looks more like a config than a script to me, but what do I know :P

I made all this with the howto's in these forum posts:
(in case that might help)

so I removed fancontrol from init.d (it's still in /etc/) and I
"update-rc fancontrol remove" the links.
Up for a fresh start then..

Linda