Wireless and the BCM43xx driver

Bill bill at wjm1a.com
Thu Apr 3 00:17:11 BST 2008

Thanks Larry & Jon, For your responses.

Larry, you are right about Hardy automatically deciding on the BCM43xx (air
Force One).  I know I never installed this driver.

I did use the ndiswrapper with bcmwml5.inf back with Gusty.

But my Hardy readings say, (because of all the troubles) the powers that be
had depreciated the bcm43xx & bcmwml5 for a b43 or b43legency solution.  I
even read one solution that said to install both the b43 and the b43legency
drivers and the OS would decide for itself which one to use.

Anyway, I would really like to just remove the bcm43xx (air force one) stuff
before adding the b43/b43legency solution.

Curiously, when I tried; rmmod BCM43xx or rmmod BCM4318; The response is
ERROR: Module BCM4318 does not exist in /proc/modules

OK, so why is it showing with a 'lshw -class network' command?