[gutsy] hotkey-setup config fails

Art Alexion art.alexion at verizon.net
Mon Sep 24 15:37:24 BST 2007

For the past week I have been having a problem with upgrades.  Most things
update properly, but I am getting the following errors:

 hotkey-setup
 kubuntu-desktop
A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
Setting up hotkey-setup (0.1-17ubuntu19) ...
KDSETKEYCODE: Invalid argument
failed to set scancode 8a to keycode 205
KDSETKEYCODE: Invalid argument
failed to set scancode 87 to keycode 236
KDSETKEYCODE: Invalid argument
failed to set scancode 8b to keycode 227
KDSETKEYCODE: Invalid argument
failed to set scancode 89 to keycode 161
KDSETKEYCODE: Invalid argument
failed to set scancode 85 to keycode 224
KDSETKEYCODE: Invalid argument
failed to set scancode 86 to keycode 225
KDSETKEYCODE: Invalid argument
failed to set scancode 92 to keycode 226
KDSETKEYCODE: Invalid argument
failed to set scancode 81 to keycode 164
KDSETKEYCODE: Invalid argument
failed to set scancode 82 to keycode 128
KDSETKEYCODE: Invalid argument
failed to set scancode 83 to keycode 165
KDSETKEYCODE: Invalid argument
failed to set scancode 84 to keycode 163
KDSETKEYCODE: Invalid argument
failed to set scancode a2 to keycode 164
KDSETKEYCODE: Invalid argument
failed to set scancode 90 to keycode 165
KDSETKEYCODE: Invalid argument
failed to set scancode 99 to keycode 163
KDSETKEYCODE: Invalid argument
failed to set scancode a4 to keycode 166
KDSETKEYCODE: Invalid argument
failed to set scancode ed to keycode 226
invoke-rc.d: initscript hotkey-setup, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing hotkey-setup (--configure):

Am I the only one having this problem or is there an issue with the recent
hotkey-setup upgrade?