pppoe grinds to a halt

Thilo Six T.Six at gmx.de
Sun Sep 23 13:03:06 BST 2007

Donn wrote the following on 23.09.2007 13:12
>>> But "keepalive" does not seem to be part of pppd, nor is "connect_poll"
>>> so I am not sure where to put them at all.
>> /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider
> Yeah - I put it in there and pppd complained that it did not know what it was.
> I checked the man page and 'keepalive' is not mentioned.
>
> d/

Have you tried:

persist
       Do not exit after a connection is  terminated;  instead  try  to
       reopen the connection. The maxfail option still has an effect on
       persistent connections.

?

Do you have set:
 idle n
       Specifies that pppd should disconnect if the link is idle for  n
       seconds.   The  link is idle when no data packets (i.e. IP pack-
       ets) are being sent or received.  Note: it is not  advisable  to
       use  this  option  with  the  persist  option without the demand
       option.  If the active-filter  option  is  given,  data  packets
       which  are  rejected by the specified activity filter also count
       as the link being idle.

?
--
Thilo