user admin kubuntu

Jesus Arocho jesus_arocho at comcast.net
Sun Sep 23 12:47:33 BST 2007

Hello:

I installed kubuntu on my wife's dell 6000 inspiron laptop as follows:  I went
through the installation and entered my name for the first user account
created and later created a user account under her name.  So, my account is
the sudo account.  I found that her account cannot read but not write to the
r/w cd/dvd device.  I now also find that her account cannot access a Palm z22
device I purchased this weekend.  The system does create /dev/ttyUSB1 but she
does not have access.  How can I sort this out?