install ndiswrapper on kubuntu 6.06

David McGlone david.mcglone at att.net
Thu Sep 20 10:58:06 UTC 2007

On Thursday 20 September 2007 6:29:40 am vineeth.chandran at gmail.com wrote:
> hi
>
> I need to install ndiswrapper on kubuntu 6.06 using the command line.
> I tried it in the foll manner
>
> root at ubuntu:/home/eaton# apt-get install ndiswrapper-utils-1.8
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> E: Couldn't find package ndiswrapper-utils-1.8
>
> What could be the reason for failing and am i taking the right version of
> ndiswrapper

try sudo apt-get install ndiswrapper or ndiswrapper-utils.

But I wouldn't advise using the ndiswrapper that is in the repository. I can't
remember the reason, but I've read where many people had problems with it, so
I always downloaded the .tar package from sourceforge.

--
David M.

If I received .01 cent for every person
that has to put in their .02 cents