Kubuntu vs. Ubuntu

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Sep 19 16:07:21 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 19 September 2007, Nils Kassube wrote:
>Neil Winchurst wrote:
>> Dare I mention that the first computer I was involved with was an IBM
>> mainframe in 1962? I saw the whole PC business right from the
>> beginning. Yes, I started with DOS back then, and before that CP/M.
>> Anyone remember that one?
>
>Reading all those stories from you oldtimers, I'm still waiting for
>somebody to tell us how she / he discussed the design of the difference
>engine with Charles Babbage :))

I'm an old fart, yes, but I'm afraid  that really is before our times.

But its an interesting concept, just exactly who would have been an
intelligent enough contemporary to Charles that he could have had a
meaningfull discussion with them, and without having his ideas stolen?

Food for a novel maybe?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)