Kubuntu vs. Ubuntu

José Alexandre Nalon nalon at terra.com.br
Wed Sep 19 16:03:32 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 19 September 2007 12:30:51 Neil Winchurst wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:41:23 +0200
>
> Nils Kassube <kassube at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Neil Winchurst wrote:
> > > Dare I mention that the first computer I was involved with was an IBM
> > > mainframe in 1962? I saw the whole PC business right from the
> > > beginning. Yes, I started with DOS back then, and before that CP/M.
> > > Anyone remember that one?
> >
> > Reading all those stories from you oldtimers, I'm still waiting for
> > somebody to tell us how she / he discussed the design of the difference
> > engine with Charles Babbage :))
> >

> > Nils
>
> No, I can't quite remember meeting him, nor Ada Lovelace mores the pity
> if pictures of her are anything to go by.
>
> Neil

Pft. Difference Engines. You kids have it easy these days.
In my time, we had to carve 0's and 1's in clay tablets, and
bake them to retain some data. Programming was not for every-
one, since debugging consisted in dealing with plagues of
locusts. And don't get me started with these "download"
things -- we didn't have downloads, it was uphill both ways,
and those damn tablets were heavy!

Sorry.

--
José Alexandre Nalon