Kubuntu vs. Ubuntu

Stew Schneider stew.schneider at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 19:02:46 UTC 2007

Manuel McLure wrote:
> Bah, newbie. I started on a TRS-80 Model I (Level II Basic) with cassettes
> for "file management." From there I moved to QNX and DOS (dual boot on a
> 286-based PC with 30 megs of HD space,) from there to Xenix and SCO UNIX, and
> finally started using Windows in the late 3.1 era (while still working with
> Xenix and UNIX.)

Harumph! I started with Level I Basic on an 8K TRS-80, and had to supply
my own electrons. Radio Shack sold them in little cardboard tubes like
those you bought BB's in. Some days, I'd go through five or six tubes of
electrons, and have to go back to the 'Shack for more. And it was 25
miles away. Up hill! Both ways!

stew