Kubuntu vs. Ubuntu

Manuel McLure manuel at mclure.org
Tue Sep 18 18:06:34 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 18 September 2007 10:58:02 Greg Booth wrote:
> I also started on DOS 6.0, that file manager was SLICK baby !! All
> applications were installed to hard drive and started from command
> line. You'll find the linux community tends to be older than most
> online communities.

Bah, newbie. I started on a TRS-80 Model I (Level II Basic) with cassettes
for "file management." From there I moved to QNX and DOS (dual boot on a
286-based PC with 30 megs of HD space,) from there to Xenix and SCO UNIX, and
finally started using Windows in the late 3.1 era (while still working with
Xenix and UNIX.)

--
Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel at mclure.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,