Kubuntu vs. Ubuntu

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Sep 18 19:22:44 BST 2007

Neil Winchurst wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:23:57 -0400
> Marti Andrews <msmarti_a58 at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Um, we ALL started with Windows, did we not? And do we not still use
>> Windows? I play The Sims 2 a lot, I can't play that in Linux. There are a
>> lot of things I CANNOT do in Linux.
>>
> I. personally,  haven't used Windows at all for about six years.

And, while I personally started with TR-DOS, and was using a computer for
years before Windows came along, many less dinosauric people started with
Apple and never touched Windows (of course, they're probably still happy
with their lot and weren't included in Marti's "we" :-) )

I don't think there are a "lot" of things that can't be done in Linux, but
according to the Wine AppDB, it's true that "The Sims 2" is one of them...
--
derek