Kubuntu vs. Ubuntu

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Tue Sep 18 16:45:33 UTC 2007

Jonathan Jesse wrote:

> If top posting is bad, why do some many mail clients do top posting?
> Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, Outlook, Outlook Express, and even the last
> time I used Lotus Notes all do top posting.

Top posting is evil.

Bottom posting is almost as evil.

You should trim, and respond to points/questions inline.  If the cursor is
automatically placed at the bottom of the quoted text, practically nobody
would ever trim anything.  But placing the cursor at the top of the text
does _not_ mean that you should proceed to write your entire response
there, it means you should start the process of trimming and replying at
that point.
--
derek