Installing/Running a Win98SE accounting app in Wine

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Tue Sep 18 13:33:58 UTC 2007

john d. herron wrote:
> For many years I've used a simple but efficient double-entry Windoze
> accounting program called Banana.
> It is said (by users who've tried) to run well on top of Wine.
> Have a working version of it in a dedicated folder on /hda1 (Win98SE)
> and an installable version on an original CD.
> To try it out in my current Kubuntu 7.04 environment I've installed wine
> 0.9.83 via adept.
> However, haven't found any (to me) understandable instructions on how to
> use it. KDE app menus show the following options:
> Wine file, Wine help browser + Wine notepad (in Utilities); Wine
> configuration + Wine RegEdit (in Settings); and (but that's not what I
> seem to be needing right now...) Wine Software Uninstaller (in System).
> I'm rather confused on what to do to try and get this Banana application
> running in Wine. Can anyone help?
> Any newbie-speak suggestions will be thankfully appreciated.
> jdh
> kubuntu 7.04 on i586 w/ 512 MB

I don't know if i do it right or not, but...............

I open Winefile. [ It's like filemanager/Windows Explorer - sorta ] Find
the installation program I want to try to install and double click [
Windows remember ]. I usually get a shortcut on the desktop when it's done.

Don't hold your breath that it's gonna work.

--
(o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
Billie Walsh