-> Kubuntu list !!!

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Sep 18 12:30:31 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 18 September 2007, john d. herron wrote:
>For many years I've used a simple but efficient double-entry Windoze
>accounting program called Banana.
>It is said (by users who've tried) to run well on top of Wine.
>Have a working version of it in a dedicated folder on /hda1 (Win98SE)
>and an installable version on an original CD.
>To try it out in my current Kubuntu 7.04 environment I've installed wine
>0.9.83 via adept.
>However, haven't found any (to me) understandable instructions on how to
>use it. KDE app menus show the following options:
>Wine file, Wine help browser + Wine notepad (in Utilities); Wine
>configuration + Wine RegEdit (in Settings); and (but that's not what I
>seem to be needing right now...) Wine Software Uninstaller (in System).
>I'm rather confused on what to do to try and get this Banana application
>running in Wine. Can anyone help?
>Any newbie-speak suggestions will be thankfully appreciated.
>jdh
>kubuntu 7.04 on i586 w/ 512 MB

AIUI, and I've not used it more than once or twice as I've never run windows
just to get a job done, you treat wine like it was a shell, using syntax
something like:

#> wine name-of-program-to-run

Which may not be 100% correct, but I believe that is the general idea.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)