Kubuntu vs. Ubuntu

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sun Sep 16 17:39:32 UTC 2007

On 09/16/2007 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Streets and Trips runs in Wine, but only at bronze:
> http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=3962&iTestingId=902
>
> You could run it in a VMWare virtual machine.

I've never found anything to work to good with wine. Except maybe some
mixed fruit or Seven Up, but that's a whole other story.

Seriously, I've tried to get some things to work with wine but without
much success. That was in another distro though. I notice that wine
seems to be better integrated into Kubuntu than that other one. Perhaps
I will try it again.

As for vmware, well, I've never given it to much thought. I don't
particularly want to run Windows in Linux. If I wanted to run Windows I
would just run it.

> That's real geek software. I'm near certain that the company that
> makes it would be interested in a Linux version. Contact them.

If by "geek software" you mean "special interest software", that it is.
BUT, if your out storm chasing/watching in tornado alley it comes in
REAL handy. It's ok to chase tornado's but you sure don't want to catch
one by the tail. The only way I ever want to catch one is on video.
Weather Channel pays pretty good for some good video.

I wrote and asked if they, more like "he", had ever considered a Linux
version. [ It appears that it is a one man operation. ] It says it
requires "directx" to work.

--
(o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
Billie Walsh