KNetworkManager Stopped Working

Rick Knight rick_knight at rlknight.com
Fri Sep 14 15:41:48 UTC 2007

At some point in the last 2 weeks knetworkmanager stopped working. I
didn't notice until I tried to use my wireless connection at home. I had
been connected to my wired network at work and all seemed to be working.
Now knetworkmanager does not see or configure my wireless nic. Until a
couple of weeks ago it did see my wireless and my wired and allowed me
to move between them without any errors or problems. I've found a work
around using wpa_supplicant but I would like to get knetworkmanager
working again.

I'm using Kubuntu Feisty Fawn on an HP nc 8230 Notebook PC with an
IPW2200 wireless NIC.
The wireless networks I connect to are WPA-PSK-TKIP and they work fine
except for one network that uses WEP. I cannot connect to it using
wpa_supplicant.
Also, I've lost the knetworkmanager icons in system tray.
I can think of nothing I have installed over the last couple of weeks
that might have caused this problem, but that is a possible.

Thanks for any help.

Rick