FF and TB running on wrong computer

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 14:42:27 UTC 2007

Terence Simpson said the following at 09/13/2007 04:58 PM :

> I get this too, but only if I have FF already running on computer A,
> else the version from B starts.

I always have FF running on computer A; but I just tried it without and you
are right: in that case the computer B version starts.

This is driving me crazy, though, because apart from not seeming to make
sense, it's not at all what I want. Computer B is sitting on a VPN that is
not accessible to computer A, and I need to be able to run FF
simultaneously on both computers.

At a push, I suppose I could switch to using Konq on one of the machines,
but that seems a real kludge (and not one that will work if I want some FF
feature that Konq doesn't have).