Atheros Wireless card

Phil Pinkerton pcpinkerton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 12:18:41 UTC 2007

On 9/13/07, Frank <erebus at rogers.com> wrote:

> Billie Walsh wrote:
> > <snip>
> > TP-LINK TL-610G PCMCIA Wireless Wi-Fi
> > 802.11 G+/g/b 32-bit CardBus Adapter PC Card
> > Newest Atheros AR5005GS + AR2414A Chipset
> > </snip>
> >
> >  From my limited knowledge of wireless with Linux I have seen that
> > Atheros chip sets are to be preferred. Does anyone know if the above
> > board is a good one for use with Kubuntu Feisty?
> >

> I bought a nice Acer laptop that came with a built-in Atheros chipset.
> After 2 weeks of fighting with it I bought a D-Link USB 802.11G adapter
> which Kubuntu recognized immediately. Best money I ever spent.
>
> Frank
> near Toronto, Canada

Interesting I also bought an Acer installed Ubuntu Feisty amd64 on the 3rd
partition and since upgraded to Gutsy.

My Atheros worked from the very start on both WindowsXP 32 bit and Linux
64bit , I still dual boot as the only hardware on the Acer that does not
wokr with Linux is the built in web cam.