Error message with recent dapper kernel update

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 20:50:52 UTC 2007

Just in case this is affecting anyone else...

After installing the most recent dapper amd64 kernel update on my dual-core
64-bit system, I noticed that during boot time, I began to see an error
message:
  MP-BIOS bug: 8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC

Adding the "noapic" option to the boot options removed the error message
and (at least so far) seems to have had no adverse effects.

This is with an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium mobo.