apt-get error -> resizing partitions.

D. Michael McIntyre michael.mcintyre at rosegardenmusic.com
Tue Sep 11 23:48:06 UTC 2007

On Monday 10 September 2007, Derek Broughton wrote:
> I would suggest that, unless it is necessary to have a /boot because you're
> sharing it with multiple other OSes (unlikely with a mere 37M partition),
> you'd be better off to just move all of /boot back under /, completely
> remove the /boot partition, and reinstall grub (so that it points to the
> right partition).  The major problem with having a /boot partition is that
> it's a complete waste of space to give it more room than you need for at
> most two images, but occasionally you want a third, or fourth...

I second all of this wholeheartedly.  I shied away from proposing this
solution because I'm not sure what happens with GRUB, and especially not with
this weird new partition naming scheme.

Color me too lazy to go look up the answer.

But yes, a separate /boot hasn't actually been necessary for years, and it's
so hard to pick a good size.
--
D. Michael McIntyre