Contact management

damian misc at daminator.com
Tue Sep 11 21:57:49 UTC 2007

damian wrote:
> I have a small business and would like a contact management system which
> is easy to browse contacts and look at all previous correspondence. It
> would also be good to be able to 'tag' people into different categories
> (eg friend, supplier, customer). Ideally it would be good to be able to
> set up my own fields for input but I worry that the more I configure
> something the more chance there is that I'll break it and loose
> everything. The thought of loosing all the data, or the data becoming
> obsolete because I used the wrong program is enough to keep me just
> having individual txt files in a directory at the moment.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Cheers
> Damian

Having considered this more today, I'm thinking of setting up a
TiddlyWiki for my contacts. It would be easily accessible and
searchable, easy to teach how to use and quick to navigate. I use the D3
Tiddlywiki extensively for 'Get Things Done' already, so although I
wouldn't have anything like mail merge etc I think it could be a good
option.

Any thoughts?

Damian