The compiz-kde package. How do you get it working?

Phil Bieber philbieber at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 06:08:06 UTC 2007

On 8/29/07, Scott (angrykeyboarder) <geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com> wrote:
> I installed it. But now what do I do?
>
> This seems to be a much smoother process on the GNOME (i.e. Ubuntu) side.
>
> All I can find on this subject relates to installing Beryl.
>
> I don't need Beryl. I don't want exploding or burning windows. The
> shadowing (and to a lesser degree, the wobbly stuff) is all that I'm
> interested in. I've got it working fine in GNOME (thanks to the
> handy-dandy "desktop-effects" program).
>
> The compiz-kde package is in the Ubuntu feisty repo, so there must be a
> reason for that. :)
>
> Curiously,
>
> --
>             Scott
> http://angrykeyboarder.com
> (c)2007 angrykeyboarder™ & Elmer Fudd. All Wites Wesewved

Hi!
I'm not using Feisty right now, so I can't check if it works.
Looking for the same thing. just for Gutsy, I stumbled upon this:

It's a script that compiles and installs Compiz Fusion with a
launscher and everything and the people in the Forum seem to be quite
content when I read it.

Maybe it works for you.

Cheers
Philipp Bieber

--
Are there any experienced suicide bombers?

You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.

GPG KEY ID: 7C26EE5B0185E301
FINGERPRINT: CA81 28C2 E63F DAF8 5ED4 DACB 7C26 EE5B 0185 E301