networking project

Harold Hartley harold_hartley at verizon.net
Sun Sep 2 23:19:08 UTC 2007

I am running kubuntu with two nic cards.

First,I have the eth0 running fine with my DSL connection which the
computer is assigned the ip address, not the DSL modem.

Second, I have a eth1 that connects to a router(WRT54GL).
I am trying to get the router to talk to eth1, but seems like I'm not
doing something right.
Once I get the router talking to eth1 on the computer, then I need to
set it up so it can use the eth0 for the internet.
I do have iptables installed, but can see anything blocking it from working.

Oh, btw, I have assigned the eth1 with a static ip of 192.168.1.1 and
the router is 192.168.1.3. (The router has wireless for my laptop to use
for my laptop)

For the life of me, I can't seem to find the problem why it does not
want to work.....

Harold