K3b: no mp3 support

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 11:14:53 UTC 2007

On 02/09/07, Mark Fraser <kubuntu at mfraz.orangehome.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sunday 02 September 2007 11:00:30 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Got this message when opening K3B:
> >
> > Mp3 Audio Decoder plugin not found.
> > K3b could not load or find the Mp3 decoder plugin. This means that you
> > will not be able to create Audio CDs from Mp3 files. Many Linux
> > distributions do not include Mp3 support for legal reasons.
> >  To enable Mp3 support, please install the MAD Mp3 decoding
> > library as well as the K3b MAD Mp3 decoder plugin (the latter may
> > already be installed but not functional due to the missing libmad).
> > Some distributions allow installation of Mp3 support via an online
> > update tool (i.e. SuSE's YOU).
> >
> > So, how do I fix this? I can play mp3 files with mplayer. Thanks.
>
> IIRC you need to install libmad. Either use the Adept Manager or type
>  sudo apt-get install libmad0
> from Konsole

I already have libmad. Might K3B not see it?

ubuntu at ubuntu-laptop:~$ sudo apt-get install libmad0
Password:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libmad0 is already the newest version.
libmad0 set to manual installed.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 4 not upgraded.
ubuntu at ubuntu-laptop:~$

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il